It made me feel that what I was doing was truly helping people who needed it the most.
When I got out of law school, I practiced criminal defense for 8 years, and while I enjoyed it, I rarely had that same feeling of helping someone in a way that changes their lives. When I came to Burton Law Group, and returned to social security disability practice and learned the workers’ compensation system, I’ve been able to again feel that I am making a difference in the lives of others, and there is no greater feeling than that…
BORN: Athlea M. Adkisson was born in Lawton, Oklahoma in 1972.
Athlea attended undergraduate school at Oklahoma State University, obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Business Management in 1994. She then went on to law school at the University of Oklahoma School of Law and obtained her Juris Doctorate in 1997.
She was admitted to the bar in Oklahoma in 1997. After practicing several years, she sat for the bar in Arizona and was admitted to practice there in 2004.
- Member Oklahoma Bar Association
- Member State Bar of Arizona
- Member of Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Member Workers’Compensation Section Oklahoma Bar Association
- Member and Secretary/Treasurer Disability Law Section Oklahoma Bar Association
- Member National Organization of Social Security Claimant Representatives
- Social Security Disability
- Criminal Law
- VA Disability Law