Social Security Disability (SSD) exists as a federal government program to provide income to workers who become unable to work as a result of a severe medical condition. It is not always easy to prove entitlement to SSD and sometimes claims must go through a lengthy appeal process before benefits are awarded.
Conditions under which Social Security Disability can be claimed
- You must prove that you cannot work for at least 12 months because of your disability
- You must show that there is no job which you are capable of performing
- You must have paid into the Social Security System (most commonly through your work) in the past ten years for you to avail of these benefits
- You must have medical evidence of a severe medical condition to substantiate the claim that you are unable to work.
When to talk to an Oklahoma City social security disability lawyer
- As early as possible when you are seeking disability or when your application for insurance has been denied.
- Your attorney can take up the burden of filing for social security benefits which is a tedious and time-consuming task.
- If your initial application has been rejected, he can help you file for reconsideration analyzing the flaws in the initial application and acquire the medical evidence to support the claim.
- Hiring a social security disability lawyer will increase your chances of approval. He or she will know the requirements and help present your medical evidence in a way that meets those requirements.
- In Oklahoma, a Social Security Disability lawyer can advise you on how your condition meets one of the listed impairments in Social Security’s “blue book” and then help you pursue the claim accordingly.
- The hearing or trial is crucial in a case. A lawyer can help prepare you to answer all the likely questions that could come up.
How to interact with your Tulsa social security disability lawyer
- Be open and honest and give him all the information he would need to plead your case
- Information about your medical background, your current condition and work history are important details that you must share with him.