Social Security Disability (SSD) exists as a federal government program to provide income to workers who become unable to work as a result of a severe medical condition. It is not always easy to prove entitlement to SSD and sometimes claims must go through a lengthy appeal process before benefits are awarded.
Conditions under which Social Security Disability can be claimed
- You must prove that you cannot work for at least 12 months because of your disability
- You must show that there is no job which you are capable of performing
- You must have paid into the Social Security System (most commonly through your work) in the past ten years for you to avail of these benefits
- You must have medical evidence of a severe medical condition to substantiate the claim that you are unable to work.
When to talk to an Oklahoma City social security disability lawyer
- As early as possible when you are seeking disability or when your application for insurance has been denied.
- Your attorney can take up the burden of filing for social security benefits which is a tedious and time-consuming task.
- If your initial application has been rejected, he can help you file for reconsideration analyzing the flaws in the initial application and acquire the medical evidence to support the claim.
- Hiring a social security disability lawyer will increase your chances of approval. He or she will know the requirements and help present your medical evidence in a way that meets those requirements.
- In Oklahoma, a Social Security Disability lawyer can advise you on how your condition meets one of the listed impairments in Social Security’s “blue book” and then help you pursue the claim accordingly.
- The hearing or trial is crucial in a case. A lawyer can help prepare you to answer all the likely questions that could come up.
How to interact with your Tulsa social security disability lawyer
- Be open and honest and give him all the information he would need to plead your case
- Information about your medical background, your current condition and work history are important details that you must share with him.
Burton Law Group, P.C. has many qualified Social Security Disability lawyers in Oklahoma City and Tulsa to help you through your case. You can rest assured that the lawyers here have your best interests in mind. With a free consultation to give you a glimpse of what is involved in pursuing the case, our Social Security Disability attorneys in Tulsa or Oklahoma City are here to help!