Have you experienced a Defective product injury recently? If so, you are definitely not alone. Defective products harm thousands of individuals in the United States every year. The first thing that comes to mind when a person experiences injury from a defective product, is to seek restitution from the manufacturer of the product. However, the first thing a person should do is to consult with his or her medical doctor in order to receive the proper medical attention.
The next step is to contact a Defective product attorney in Tulsa. Defective product injury lawyers will help you or your loved one determine the type of product defect that exists. There are three types of defects that could cause injury:
- Marketing Defect: An example of a marketing defect is inaccurate product information, such as lack of safety warnings, lack of adequate instructions and poor labeling.
- Design Defect: A design defect involves negligence in the development of a product – before it has been manufactured. A problem with a product that causes it to be unsafe to users is a design defect.
- Manufacturer Defect: This type of defect happens while it is in the process of being manufactured or during the assembly of the product.
Once the type of defect is determined, an attorney can work towards recovering the economic loss as a result of a defective product.
What Are Some Examples of Product Defects?
There are numerous examples of product defects. For example, a pair of prescription sunglasses that fail to protect a person’s eyes from ultraviolet rays. Another example is a health food product that contains peanuts and fails to warn people who may have a peanut allergy. Here are a few common categories that defective products tend to fall into:
- Medical Devices and Products
- Pharmaceutical Products
- Recreational Equipment
- Food and Beverage Products
- Beauty Products
- Asbestos Materials (paint, etc)